Learning and Levels
Choosing your own LEARNING (S)PACE is the best start for learning Greek.
Find a place at home or outside, where you study better. A pleasant environment for starters is motivating. And that applies to all learning environments.
LEARNING HOW TO LEARN
Can I learn greek? I am too old... I dont have a gift for languages... It is too difficult and I have little time ...
There is no agelimit to learn a new language. Adult learning differs in that of children, because adults have little time for it (it is not their main occupation); furthermore because they love to learn "wrong". The word "wrong" is fancied by adults; for that reason I am using it.
The truth of the matter is that adults should forget "right" and "wrong" when learning. Better: "suitable, convenient, pleasant, succesful, goal-oriented" and their opposites.
Therefore the questions, that adults should ask, are:
Do I want to learn greek? How do I learn more effectively and/or rapidly? How much time can I / do I want to invest in that?
Maybe adults cannot learn like children
anymore, but they should want that, what motivates children - and everyone -
EUROPEAN LANGUAGE LEVELS
1. Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
2. Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
1. Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered. Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
2. Can understand the main ideas of complex text. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
1. Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
2. Can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. Can summarize information from different spoken and written sources coherently. Can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely.