MA Eftichia ARVANITI
I am a highly experienced Greek language Teacher, Graduate Adult Educator with focus on teaching/ group supervision/training (wba -Austrian academy of continuing education), Language Teacher-Trainer and Teacher-Supervisor (Quality Management of the Viennese Adult Education Centres: www.vhs.at).
A short CV follows:
Education / Field
- Studies at the University of Cyprus; Field: Ancient and Modern Greek Language, History and History of Art.
- Masters at the University of Vienna; Field: Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies.
- Doctoral Programm at the University of Vienna; Field: Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies.
- Basic education on Language Teaching and further education on Methodology and Didactics via numerous seminars at the Austrian Adult Education Centres (www.vhs.or.at)
- esf-Projekt SAPA 21 resp. EU- Course of studies for Language Teacher-Trainers
- Training as Teacher-Supervisor (numerous in-service trainings and Feedback sessions)
- 11/2011: Austrian academy of continuing education (wba) Certified Adult Educator
- 11/2012: Austrian academy of continuing education (wba) Diploma: Graduate Adult Educator with focus on teaching/ group supervision/training
- 11/2013: Course of studies "Didactics and Methodology of Teaching Greek as a foreign language"
Work Experience in Adult Education
2015-Today: Teacher-Trainer at e-learning Vocational Education of the University of Piraeus
2010-2011: Lecturer of Greek conversational language at the University of Vienna
2009-2014: Teacher-Supervisor at Viennese Adult Education Centres (Projekt: Reflecting on Teaching)
2006-2011: Language Teacher-Trainer at the Center of Multilingualism and Intercultural Communication of Viennese Adult Education Centres
2006 – 2008: Greek Teachers' Consultant and Facilitator. Fields: Presentation of new learning materials and methodology/ principles of teaching greek as foreign language
2002-Today: Teacher of Greek as a foreign language